Meet the Team: Andy
A Day in the Life of a Service Engineer
Here at Sheerwater Glass, we can proudly say that we’re blessed with a hardworking, committed and expert team of staff. And for this month’s Meet the Team piece, we meet Andy, one of our staff members who truly epitomises these qualities. Andy has been a Service Engineer with us for four and a half years now, and we hope he’ll stay with us for many, many more.
1. What was your first-ever job?
2. How do you describe what you do for a living to family and friends?
Just a Service Engineer!
3. What are you passionate about?
4. What’s something you saw recently that made you smile?
My daughter’s graduation last weekend, which was held at the Southbank in London.
5. What are three items you’d take to a desert island?
Family, a beach bar/restaurant and a boat as I’m sure Mark would want me back in work again on Monday!
6. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
I’d love to go to S Africa as there are so many exciting things to see and do over there.
7. If you could pick up a new skill in an instant, what would it be?
I’d love to be able to play the piano. I love music and my dad was a piano tuner.
8. If you had to pick an age to stay at permanently, what would it be and why?
I’d say mid 40s as my children were old enough to have lots of fun with but I was also able to have a bit of a life.
9. What’s your favourite way to unwind after a busy day?
I love to sit in the garden with my wife and have a chat about the day over a drink.
10. What would we most likely find you doing at the weekend?
I started cooking a few years ago as it was completely different to what I do during the day, so you’d usually find me in the kitchen cooking dinner to eat before settling in for movie night.