Meet the Team: Paul
A Day in the Life of a Trainee Window Fitter
Trainee Window Fitters are an important part of the workforce here at Sheerwater Glass, for the present and the future. The excellent training they receive and the knowledge they acquire is reflected in the quality of the products they install and may continue to fit for years to come. For our Meet the Team piece for April, we met Paul, a Trainee Window Fitter who has quickly developed into a hugely valued employee of ours.
1. How long have you been working at Sheerwater Glass?
Just over a year.
2. What were you doing before you joined the team?
Plastering with a friend doing skimming but I didn’t really enjoy it. I had been a fitters lad when I was younger and then I saw the job advertised on Indeed so I went for it.
3. How would you describe a typical day?
Paul picks me up, we have a laugh, work hard and I’m being taught on the job – Paul’s a good teacher! We sometimes load up the night before or go to the yard in the morning.
4. What do you think are the best skills that you bring to your job?
Organisation – I’ve become much more organised since starting this job and got much better at using my initiative, trying to think ahead to get the job done quickly and thoroughly.
5. What do you enjoy most about working for Sheerwater Glass?
The constant work, it’s challenging without being too stressful.
6. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Any kind of crisps, as long as they’re prawn cocktail!
7. If money was no object, what would you do all day?
I’d probably still work. Daytime tv is not for me and I want to set a good example for my daughter.
8. What’s the most daring thing that you’ve ever done?
Bungee jumping in Cuba.
9. What is the last thing you watched at the cinema?
Avengers End Game. I’ve watched it three times – one of the best films ever!
10. What are you happiest doing, when you’re not working?
Spending time with my daughter and girlfriend.