Meet the Team: Paul
A Day in the Life of a Glazing Installer
The installers here at Sheerwater Glass have been the key to many of the successes we’ve enjoyed over the years. Without their expertise and the courtesy they show each of our customers, we wouldn’t have such an exemplary reputation around the Surrey area.
Today we caught up with one of the most experienced members of our fitting team: Paul. Paul has been a member of our staff for over 25 years, served over two different spells, and he is an integral member of our group of installers. Paul works tirelessly to ensure our windows, doors and conservatories are installed to the highest quality whilst always making sure the site is kept tidy and the customer is kept in the know about how work is progressing.
1. How long have you worked at Sheerwater Glass?
Almost 25 in total and just over 20 years in my current spell, which is frightening!
2. What/where were you working before you worked here?
That depends on which stint you’re referring to. After leaving school, I worked with office furniture for three years before getting a job at Sheerwater Glass in the Glazing Department. I eventually moved into the role of a Glazier. However, after four years in this role, I left the company for three years in order to try out a range of different options but ended up returning as an Installer back in 1998. I’ve been here ever since!
3. What experience/ skills/ qualifications did you need to become a fitter?
You need a lot of experience to become a fitter. Lots of experience in the industry and NVQ level 3 is also a requirement.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Sheerwater Glass?
I enjoy the friendly atmosphere! Everyday you get the opportunity to work with a friendly crowd and it helps to make work a pleasant place to be.
5. How would your friends describe you?
Shy, helpful and a caring guy. Some might say “good old smiley Paul”!
6. What are you passionate about?
When I’m in work, I’m passionate about doing a good job and making sure the customer is happy. And when I’m out of it, my passion is most definitely my children.
7. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
When the kids are about, I’ve been watching Vampire Diaries and once they’re in bed, House on the Haunted Hill.
8. What’s your favourite movie?
Book of Eli
9. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
San Francisco, California.
10. What’s your secret talent no-one knows about?
Shh, now that would be telling!