Meet the Team: Pompey
A day in the life of a Sheerwater Glass Glazier
We have two fantastic glaziers working for us at Sheerwater Glass. They play a vital role in installing and removing glass, carrying out repairs and cutting glass to name just a few of their many jobs. Pompey worked at Sheerwater Glass for ten years up until 2009 and we were lucky for him to join us again at the beginning of 2017 bringing with him a wealth of experience.
1. Where were you working before you came back to Sheerwater Glass?
I was a self-employed glazier.
2. What skills are required to carry out your job as a glazier?
You need a good eye for detail and have good customer relations. Importantly you need to be good at measuring and be able to handle glass safely.
3. What is the first thing you do when you get into the office?
I put the kettle on and greet my colleagues on their way in!
4. Could you describe a typical day?
It varies a lot and no job is ever the same. We do lots of hack outs and fit many glass units and splashbacks. Often we are very busy but we manage our time well in order to fit it all in.
5. What do you enjoy most about your job?
The people I work with and I love being out on the road meeting customers.
6. Do you have a favourite job?
I enjoy fitting splashbacks and mirrors. I’m pretty good with measurements so seeing the end product and finish is always very satisfying!